The Royal BC Museum is proud to support the education of British Columbia’s school-aged children with free admission to the permanent exhibitions and galleries.
There are a few rules.
- Children must be of student age (6 to 19 years).
- There is one free adult chaperone allowed per family. Other adults from the same family must pay the regular admission fee. If you are going with a larger group, you must have a minimum chaperone ratio of 1 adult for every 5 students (ages 5 through 13).
- Reserve your tickets with Group Bookings a minimum of 2 days in advance (a week is best, especially if there is a special exhibit).
- For special exhibits with extra admission fees (such as the Titanic exhibit), there may be an additional fee per student; however, the adult chaperone still receives free entry.
- IMAX is not included in free admission to the museum.
Please include the following information in your email:
- The phrase "Self Directed museum tour by a homeschooling family"
- The first and last names of the adult chaperone (or "teacher")
- Home phone number
- Email address
- The total number of students ages 6 to 19 (children 5 and under are already free)
- Total number of adults and/or seniors (including the designated chaperone)
- Date of visit to museum
- Approximate time of entry to museum or special exhibit
You will receive an email confirmation with a booking number, which you'll need to take with you to the ticket counter on the day of your visit. You can make changes to your booking at that time, if necessary. If you'd rather book by phone or clarify some of the above information, feel free to give the Museum a call at 250-387-4007.
For more information about free self-conducted visits, please visit the RBCM website.